The holidays are over, and while yes the days are getting longer, it still gets dark early. So what to do on those wintery evenings that seem to go on forever? We’ve compiled a list of fun and cozy ideas from some great sources, so that you can create the warmth that the Danish call “Hygge,” or coziness and comfort. Summer may not be right around the corner yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get some rest and relaxation in.
1. Get comfy in some soft pajamas and slippers, and warm yourself by the fire (or heating vent!) with a warm drink nearby. You’ll feel the most warm and cozy in the company of someone else ; ) . Source: https://draxe.com/
2.Spruce up your outdoor space with candles and faux fur throws, they’ll keep you warm as the sun goes down and the temperatures drop. Snow is optional! Source: http://www.mywedding.com/
3. Bring the light outdoors once the sun goes down. Cool evenings could make the perfect opportunity to get outside and stargaze. Source: https://www.le-petit-jardin.com/
4. You may not be dining al fresco, but that doesn’t mean you can’t dine with a view. Set up your table next to a window so you can gaze outdoors while you sip hot chocolate or your favorite Pinot Source: http://ultra-olly-me.tumblr.com/
5. Set the tone for a cozy evening with candles, small bites, comfy pillows, and warm drinks. You will likely want to spend more than an evening in this space! Source: https://www.livingetc.com/
6.Take a long, hot bath with essential oils like lavender and peppermint. You’ll feel relaxed and invigorated at the same time. Source: https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/
7.Make a beautiful, and fragrant, centerpiece with found objects from outside. It can be as simple as throwing some pinecones in a pretty bowl! https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/
8. The more the merrier! Host a cozy dinner with friends or family; be sure to include candles to ensure maximum warm and fuzzy feelings. Source: https://www.brit.co/
9. Enjoy some fresh air and spot a shooting star; depending on your weather, you may or may not need extra layers of blankets. Source: https://sackclothandashes.com/
10. Curl up with your favorite book, or a new one, and enjoy the nighttime hours and the peace they bring. Source: http://worldofthewoman.com/
Comments will be approved before showing up.