Summer is here, finally! And with that comes the need to spend time outside lounging and generally restoring our energy for our full and busy days. Heading to a resort for the weekend isn't really doable or realistic, so, we've come up with some ideas for our to turn your backyard (or any outdoor space!) into your very own private resort. Because hey, then you won't even have to worry about parking or tipping!
1. Add some water. Water is key to a resort-like feel; it can be a fountain, sprinkler, kiddie pool or even a bowl of water for a foot bath. Just the sound and feel of water will keep you cool and feeling like you're lounging poolside.
2. Grab some plants - potted plants will do if you don't have a garden, but any type of greenery or flowers will make you feel more relaxed and connected to nature.
3. Put up some shade - even if you feel like sunbathing, having a little shade to escape the direct sunlight will give you that ultra-luxurious feeling, and help protect your delicate skin as you enjoy that novel you've been wanting to dive into.
4. Folded towels - having lots of towels handy for yourself or any guests will be key for drying off wet hands or feet, and having them nearby will make sure you're spending more time relaxing and not getting up to gather those essentials.
5. Refreshing and fun drinks - mix it up with some crushed ice and fruit garnish and voila, you'll feel like you've been transported to a tropical beach!
Remember, it doesn't have to be fancy but with a few key details you can easily make your outdoor space into your own Shangri-la. Enjoy!!